24 May 2013

{Work}..

I have to admit that I am emotionally spent today. It was MUCH harder than I anticipated. I shed some tears, I laughed a lot, she even held my hand a few times. We took a nice walk together and talked about stuff. I realized that she is growing up...and I can't change that, or reverse it, or stop it even...but I can learn to cherish the moments she offers me, learn the lessons she teaches me, and love the love she gives me. And as long as, at the end of the day, she still hugs me goodnight.....I'd say I'm doing alright.
After all of the hoopla today...I had a hard time concentrating on photo challenges! But I put my thinking cap on, and conferred with some people smarter than me, and tried to come up with something clever to keep you amused! I thought about taking a picture of my collection of antique cameras...since for me, cameras are my work. But then I thought...in light of today's events...Small is the true definition of work.

Day 24: Work: My sweet baby girl, Small Tall, spreading her baby wings...and testing the skies. She has worked harder than anyone I know, survived a difficult move and transition with grace and courage, showed leadership, stepped up her game, struggled through some rough days..and lifted herself and her grades, buckled down when necessary, rose to challenges placed before her, took on added responsibility and cares...all the while staying true to her own identity, being an amazing friend, working through some health issues, caring unfailingly for others, loving without question, striving to reach her own exceedingly high goals and expectations of herself, and remaining basically awesomesauce. She graduated elementary school today...and received not only the Wordsmith Award (recognition for excellence in literature and writing) but also the Presidential Academic Award (recognition for excellence in academics..an award she has received for the SECOND year in a row). THAT takes work. HARD work. And lots of it.









I am so very proud of all she has accomplished....and all that she has yet to do. There will be so many great moments in her life. I pray that she knows no challenge and lives with no regrets. I pray that she soars ever higher, faster, and deeper than she believes possible....but always remembers to keep her heart grounded. And I pray that she knows the measure of my love for her...

Sending love and kisses and prayer to those in need. Remember to keep your blessings close, and tell others how you feel. Always.

See you tomorrow.
Peace and Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment