13 May 2013

{Something That Spins}..

I knew right away what I wanted for today, two ideas, neither of which was particularly creative or outside of the box thinking. But, I knew one would be fun and colorful and the other...if done properly...would just be pure artistry.
So...once again, I conned the sweet husband into "playing" along. (I think he has given up and just does what I say now. At least in terms of creative expression.). It was a gorgeous sunshiny day here...the kind that makes you want to take your shoes off and run barefoot in the grass. Fitting for a day full of playground challenges!!

Day 13: Something That Spins: The first thing that came to mind, for me, was a Merry-Go-Round. My local park...as I'm sure yours does too...has a great old one. And from the looks of things, I'd say it's still a favorite. I know for my husband and I, it brings back childhood memories...and I can remember the fondness my own daughter had for it just a few short years ago. I also thought of windmills...and knew that out here in rural cornville, there HAD to be some good old fashioned ones. I hoped that with a little luck, I could get a great shot of one. Being that it was a little breezy today...most of them were actually spinning, so I was only happy with one shot. But I think it will do...just fine.








After all that fun...a dear friend of mine kidnapped me for a day in the sun. We walked, found some great things to photograph, and enjoyed the day. I must admit that I am a tad bit exhausted and ready for some downtime, a glass of...something, with my feet up. Cherish your evening...and your blessings.

See you tomorrow.
Peace and Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment