03 May 2013

Photo A Day May

Happy Spring!!! We have been blessed here in my little corner of the world with the MOST beautiful weather...which is fortunate, since I decided to begin a 'Photo A Day' challenge this month! Thank goodness for blue sunshiny skies...that makes for a happy photographer.
I have been struggling lately...I am not a creative person, per se. It's not in my nature to draw, or sew, or knit, or paint. I don't quilt or crochet. I don't make timeless works of art with hand lettering or masterful brush strokes.
But, I can write a beautiful sonnet. Or sing a baby to sleep. Or bake a wicked good apple pie.
And I take pretty decent pictures. (Sometimes...when the lighting is right, and the angle is perfect, and the composition is flawless...).
My struggle? Pure artistic creativity is precious. And rare. Everyone has their own. My joy is photography....in it's unbridled, wild, genuine state. I do this because I love it, because it flames my soul, because it settles my spirit. I do it to inspire others. I don't expect to make millions. I don't do it for praise or accolades or fame.
I do it because it brings me JOY.
I stopped doing it recently....
Because I forgot about the joy.
So we begin May...with a challenge to FIND joy. In the everyday. In the benign. In the random. In the eclectic. In the moment. In the now. In the not so joyous.
Every day this month is a new challenge. To create. To see the world differently. To push my limits.
I challenge you to do the same. Follow along....join me....

Day 1: Flowers: This was tough because botanical shots are some of my very favorites. So I decided to just add them all....(this IS a photography blog after all, right?)












Day 2: Masculine: What? I wasn't really sure how to approach that. Tools? A fast car? Sports? A big juicy steak on the grill (yum.)? Then I decided the whole thing seemed a little...sexist! Enter...creepy junk man!! I don't really know how this relates to today's challenge...except that it's made out of junk parts and it's clearly a man. And I think a man HAD to have made it. And probably loves it. So there you have it.




And...we are all caught up! I'm looking forward to sharing this adventure with all of you...stay tuned!
I just want to briefly mention that I did just return from a loverly little vacation...I posted many of the photographs already on the Eos Facebook {anna.eos.photography} page, but because of this full month of pictures here...I will be holding off uploading them here until next month. Feel free to head on over to Facebook to view them anytime, however!!
Also, May is wildly busy, but we still have a small number of available openings for Spring portrait sessions. Let's chat and get you on the schedule...

See you tomorrow!
Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment