27 May 2013

{Purple}..

We have had a downright loverly day here. Quiet, small, intimate. Just me and my sweet little family....pretty much just the way I like it.
Small Tall and I took a little walk earlier...and I decided that today was a great day to focus on some of the photography that I truly enjoy...botanical. That isn't really the challenge for today, but Mother Nature and I kind of have this under control.

Day 27: Purple: There seemed to be an abundance of purple...in varying spectrum...everywhere we turned. So I figured I would just share them all with you. A little color is good for you.









I hope that everyone has had a WONDERFUL holiday weekend. I just please don't want us to forget WHY we have this extended time to celebrate with friends and family. Memorial Day: The last Monday in May, on which those who have died in active military service are remembered and honored. It's OK to remember them with BBQ and parties and beer and bonfires.....it's just important THAT we remember.
While my own husband is safe and sound at home...he is a Veteran. So I am particularly thankful...and grateful for those that have gone before him, and those that continue the fight. Sometimes I forget to be humble...and I forget all that I have. So tonight I am praying the following:

Dear God, we take so much for granted. Please remind me of all that I have, and provide me pause to consider other's needs and sufferings. I ask Lord, that you stop me and break my heart as it states "let my heart be broken by the things that break your heart, God". In your very precious sons name, Amen.

See you tomorrow.
Peace and Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment