09 June 2013

Selfie..

If there is only one thing you ever learn about me..it should be this...I loathe and detest pictures of myself. I MUCH prefer to be on the opposite side of the lens. I chose photography as a hobby for that very reason...it allowed me the ability to be artistic, to be creative, to be free with my work...without having to put my FACE out there.
So today is hard for me. I seldom take photographs of myself. I shy away from photography in general. I would much rather capture the room, the mood, the lighting, the atmosphere, everyone else...than to turn the camera around. It seems selfish and vain, not to mention that seldom am I pleased with how I look in photographs. I am getting old...and I detect the fine lines around my mouth, the circles under my eyes, the wrinkles appearing on my forehead. And besides...that isn't what you came to see anyway.
Unfortunately...today I guess it is.
So I found the two most recent photographs I have of myself...that I am moderately pleased with...to share with you here. It's the best I can do.....

June 9: {Self-Portrait} :





Your photographer.
Now, can we get back to something much more photogenic and fun?!
I hope you are having a wonderfully blessed and relaxed Sunday. I am off to finish a wonderful book, spend some time with my people, and maybe even try to chill a little before the hustle and bustle of a new week begins. Whatever this day finds you doing...I hope it finds you well.

See you tomorrow.
Peace and Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment