02 June 2013

Ooooo...Shiny..

There was a ton of dissension in my house today regarding the direction of today's challenge. So...to keep the peace, make things interesting, allow for more fun...or maybe just to make me work a little bit harder...we decided to use all of our ideas! Team work...we got it.

June 2: {Shiny}: My husband really liked the teal mercury glass votive holders in the living room (I like them as well, don't get me wrong.)...and they really reflect the sunlight coming in the front door and window. We bought them together on a whim during one of our little date excursions once...every time I look at them, I am reminded of fun times with him..and how much he loves me.


My daughter felt like I should take a picture of my engagement ring....she claims that it is ALWAYS so shiny (probably because of all the dishes I do. That soapy water does wonders for your jewelry!). I do love my ring...it isn't a diamond (I have an aversion to them..weird I know.).. it's a beautiful white topaz, set in a hand made setting. It's unique and quirky and odd....kinda like us.



I wanted to take a picture of the ocean. Difficult since I don't live near it anymore. I am missing water. I am missing waves. I am missing calm. I am missing the shiny, twinkly, sparkly relaxing mojo of the sea. So I dug down for a picture to capture what I needed for today...sometimes a little reminder is enough.





Still wishing I could bury my feet in the sand and surf....but, for now, sunshine will have to suffice! Off to spend of the rest of my Sunday in it...with my favorite people and maybe a quilt on the grass. And a good book. Sounds like a plan.

Have a shiny weekend....and enjoy your blessings.
See you tomorrow!

Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment